Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Humbling Encounter, Journal Entry #8


23 January 2011
21:38


Holy Father,

I'm sad. So much in fact, I'm almost to the point of tears.

The reason? I just got done looking at my pictures from conference on my camera. One picture in particular impacted me more than the rest. It was the picture of myself with Brother Innocence, Sister Monica, Brother Angelus, Sister Chiara, and Brother Xavier. As I look into our smiling faces, my heart aches to be back with them. I suppose it is these who impacted me the most and at the deepest level from conference, aside from Joe. I had dinner with the Sisters the very first night, along with Father Luke- Vocations Director of the Archdiocese of New York. Then at the first Keynote address and for Audrey Assad I had the honor of sitting with Brother Innocence, Brother Angelus, and Brother Xavier. They were so much fun Lord, and I guess I didn't expect that. They were cracking jokes and laughing, they were young as well, and very engaging.

Then at the Saturday night keynote address I sat with Sister Monica and Sister Chiara. After the address we had Adoration. Lord, nothing in my life up to this point quite compares to kneeling before you in prayer and adoration with these two Sisters.

I also think of talking with Father Isaac of their Order who graduated from Franciscan University. He seemed to love his life and he too had so much joy Lord!

Before I left for the train station I had a chance to say goodbye to Father Isaac, he shook my hand and said "I will be praying for you as you approach Easter Vigil Bob." I know he will- I saw it in his eyes.

I also got to say goodbye to Brother Xavier. He was carrying the chalice's from Mass, and when he saw me he took the time to set them down and give me a hug. Lord- that hug was the first real hug in a very, very long time- other than from my family.

Before we parted ways he said "I will be praying for you Bob as we approach Easter Vigil. I'm so happy and blessed to have met you and heard your story. The Church will be deeply blessed to have you part of it."

What he said humbled me so God! I thank you greatly for these new friends and companions along the way. Your blessings never end. For that I greatly thank you!

All those I mentioned here, with the exception of Father Luke Sweeney, belong to either The Franciscan Friars of the Renewal or the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. They impressed me and inspired me Lord. They all have such joy and excitement and love for you, the Church, and the life you gave them. I want to learn more about them Lord. Something about their way of life attracts me. Something about their spirituality and commitment to you and your will intrigues me and I have almost a longing to be with them. Thank you for the rich blessings of these people, these wonderful children who are yours. Thank you. I love you.


Love Always,

Bobby Rhea

No comments:

Post a Comment