Thursday, February 3, 2011

Do With Me What You Will Lord, Journal Entry #8 (Final Journal Entry)

This will be the final journal entry about my experience at the FOCUS Conference. I hope you have enjoyed reading them as much as I have had writing them, again. Having written them once in my journal while there, and having reread and rewritten them here for you, it has been a blessing for my life, for I have had the chance to relive Conference each day now. Thank you and may God deeply bless you and yours in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.


24 January 2011
14:22


Dear Lord,

I thank you for this day. I am now back at school in Mt. Vernon. Thank you for getting me home safely. I also thank you for getting mom and grandma to the train station safely.

I cannot thank you enough for the experience of the conference. I was deeply moved, inspired, blessed, and my soul now has an unquenchable thirst to serve you and your church. Nothing in this world has the power to satisfy that thirst- you and you alone can quench that thirst and longing.

I am now on fire for you Lord Jesus Christ! I have never seen so many young people who were Catholic with such an evangelistic zeal to save all of humanity through the Savior of all- you Lord Jesus Christ.

As a result of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students Conference I now know what it means to be Catholic. It means to be a child of God, who is called to live out their faith passionately in the Church as a community of believers, and also to live out their faith in all public and private areas of their life. It means to live everyday passionately for Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I now understand the beauty and power of the Holy Eucharist. I now truly believe that it is truly Jesus Christ- body and blood, soul and divinity. I long like never before to receive you in the Holy Eucharist Lord. My life has been deeply transformed as a result of FOCUS. For that I thank you greatly God. I long to serve you God and your church all the days of my life. Might you use me to transform the world one soul at a time, one life at a time. Here I am Lord. Your servant is ready and he is listening. I am ready to become a knight of your Holy and perfect Kingdom. I love you above all else. Use me how you will. Not my will but yours. Do what you will with my life. Let your will be done.

Lord, I can easily say I just finished the best weekend of my life at this conference. It was truly life changing. There were 1300 Catholic college students there as well as Priest's, Nuns, and Monks. I am sad because I know what I am leaving behind, but I am extremely excited to live out the challenge from conference, which is to answer your call Lord. I long to answer your call all the days of my life. Give me strength to say yes to your call upon my life- whatever that may be. Give me the courage to take the next step and to go where you will send me- wherever that is. Give me the endurance to live out this call every day of my life. Give me the passion to live out this call in such a way that lives might be transformed for you.


Love Always,

Bobby Rhea
15:00

1 comment:

  1. I am so humbled by your devotion and zeal! God bless you Bob! I will continue to keep you, and your vocation, in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete