Friday, April 22, 2011

Holy Triduum


I can't believe it's here. This past week has been one of great blessings and I hear it's only going to get better. On Tuesday I participated in the Diocese of Toledo Chrism Mass at Our Lady Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral. I was asked to receive the Oil of Catechumens at that Mass. I stood less than four feet away from Bishop Leonard Blair as he blessed the oil. Last evening (Holy Thursday), I presented that same oil to Fr. Tony Borgia of St. Peter's Parish in Mansfield. This same oil will be used for confirmation on Saturday. Today I will be going to Mass at 3:00 pm to commemorate the crucifixion of Christ our Lord and Savior, also at St. Peter's Parish. Then tomorrow, I will be going back to church in the morning for morning prayer and blessing of the Easter foods. Tomorrow evening I will be attending Easter Vigil Mass. It has not fully hit me yet, but tomorrow evening I will be receiving the Sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Eucharist. Twenty-two years ago this month I was baptized into the faith at St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church in Mansfield. I was raised in a Protestant home by two wonderful Christian parents. Tomorrow evening I will be completing my entry into the Catholic Church at the very same church I was baptized in. I am finally returning home to the Catholic Church. Praise be to you Lord Jesus Christ! Thank you Lord for providing me the blessing of two wonderful Christian parents who raised me in a very strong Christian home. I pray that your Easter Season is a very blessed one! Praying for each of you!

1 comment:

  1. Bob...I am so happy for you! I am reminded of the day I came into the faith 16 years ago. May God bless you abundantly! I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete